Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Cancer, My Love

 "Cancer, My Love" by Mioara Grigore has made such an impression on me.  I feel such a connection to Mioara, her fears, and her love for her children and husband. I can relate. Mioara married her dear husband when she was 35 and within six years they had five children. When their youngest was just a baby she was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.  She endured so much suffering and pain with the treatments.  But most of her pain came from her fears of leaving her children motherless. Her inability to take care of her family the way she was accustomed to also caused her a great deal of sorrow, I can understand because for months I have not had the energy I am used to and have not been able to bless and serve my family the way I would like too. For some, this is so hard. Some thrive off of serving others and when they can't it's depressing.  But Mioara found that through her suffering she learned what the love of Christ meant and I think learned to thank God for her cancer.  Sadly, after her breast cancer was treated she developed lung cancer.  Through all of this, she was somehow caring for her elderly mother and mother-in-law. She writes so honestly and beautifully. For me, this book is up there with "Everyday Saints". 



No comments:

Post a Comment