Sunday, March 10, 2024

Frugality and Beauty

We recently visited a yard sale, the first for the season! :) Everything on this table and two large enamel bowls/containers I bought for $20. We recently had a terrible and I mean terrible flu, I think it was the influenza. Some of the kids had fevers for days. I was so worried about them, while myself sick as well. Poor Felicity had a fever of around 102 for six days. And then when your not sick you're exhausted for days. I lost my appetite for at least a week and lost five pounds, that's one positive! Even though it was a challenging few weeks, it was a good time to trust Him and His goodness. And it was beautiful to see the kids pitch in and help around the house. 
So this yard sale was an emotional blessing as well, it was so nice to get out! 



There are four of these pasta bowls and they were made in Chile. 



I love this plate and ended up hanging it on the wall. 



I bought this woven blanket for Boaz. He didn't ask for it but I knew right away it was so him. He was so happy and surprised when I gave it to him. 



Moses, my adorable helper! 




The real star of the show is this container of flour sack fabric! I'm not sure if all of it is flour sack fabric, but it is all so sweet. I'm so thankful! 

Ohhh I love this cross stitch! It was made in 1930.




Here's how I styled some of the items...



I want to use this container for a planter. 

My handsome helper...


I've been wanting a bowl like this for the dog and chickens. 





The following DVDs I found at our local thrift store. If you haven't seen the Thin Man mysteries try to find them! Your library may have them. It was a wonderful librarian who recommended them to us some years ago. These just fifty cents apiece.



I also found this old Robin Hood for fifty cents! 



Frugality in the kitchen...I made a large batch of pancakes for the kids' breakfast tomorrow and possibly the next day. One can hope but I'm not sure they will make it two days! I also make myself "fraps"...I would guess it cost maybe fifty cents? I am not going to spend $5 for a drink out when I can make it at home.

Happy homemaking to you! I hope you can see the beauty in your days.


~You don't need the best stuff, to have the best life.~ 

 

4 comments:

  1. Countrymouse NaomiMarch 10, 2024 at 4:10 PM

    Hi, I didn't realise you had a blog. This is beautiful 🥰
    What a great haul , everything is beautiful. I hope you all feel completely well soon. We had influenza last year and it really knocked our family around too . Have a beautiful week everyone. 🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi for stopping by! 🧡 Have a good week too!!

      Delete
  2. The fabric is beautiful! Homemade frappes and pancakes sound delish. We made homemade French toast yesterday after Divine Liturgy. Even the bread (which i baked earlier)! I just love real maple syrup!!

    ReplyDelete