Saturday, April 13, 2024

The Play Loft

 When we bought our home four years ago it had 2 bedroom and was 956 sq ft. The location was really perfect for us, it is on five acres, and for some reason since we moved to this area, I have loved this little house, I just felt drawn to it. With some help, we were able to convert the carport into a third bedroom, mudroom/pantry, and a very small office area (more like a corner) for my dear husband. Because this space was a carport the ceiling is pretty high. I asked our builder if there was a way to build a small play loft for the kids. Somewhere they could sit comfortably and be cozy. He definitely pulled through! It was my plan to finish the play loft, and four years later I finally have...well, it's finished enough. :) 


This is the view from our bedroom. 


I had everything on hand, pallet boards for the walls, leftover paneling, and I stapled fabric to the ceiling. Paint was the only thing I had to purchase, and some paint supplies. 


Those plastic drawers hold the kids' legos, it's so nice to have them in one place. 


Sweet Moses enjoying some playtime. :) 


Thanks for stopping by! 

~Remember, you don't need the best stuff to have the best life.~ 










6 comments:

  1. What a fun little spot! I know my boys would have loved something like that when they were growing up.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! It is fun. 🥰 Down the road it may be a good place for food storage.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Brooke, I came and checked out your blog! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and cozy. Love the walls! We did the same with wood in our house instead of buying new (wood is expensive!) and just cleaned with vinegar, sanded + reused a lot of wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha! Wood is expensive. I love seeing pictures of your home. 🥰

      Delete