Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ellie Speaks~

Eleanor and I have a time each night right before bed, just me and her, when we simply talk. We call it..."talk time"...how appropriate. She loves it. She will ask me sometimes, "Mommy are we going to have our talk time tonight?" :) We have some fun and silly conversations but I also try to review the day with her. Like we have been struggling with nap time. So I try to encourage, teach, and prepare her for the next day. And I ask her things like the following...I never know what she is going to say.

Me -- "Eleanor what is something you are thankful for?"


Ellie -- "Ummm...my toys!"

Me -- "I am thankful for you, Daddy, Nayshe, and Jesus."

Ellie -- "I am NOT thankful for all the pretend gods, I like my God the best."

(Clayton has been reading through the psalms so she hears a lot about idols and once he explained them as pretend gods to help her understand.)



~ "Buddy, one day when you are a little bit older I am going to marry you." :)


~ "Daddy, can I marry you?"


~ "Buddy, I love you, even though you are my brother." (She cracks me up.)


~ "Can you wake up Buddy?" (I just put him to bed...she asks this everyday.)

~ "Mommy, I thought I was going to like this dinner, but actually I do not." (What a sweet way of saying...this dinner stinks! Actually Clay and I were having a hard time with it too. :) New recipe...)

No comments:

Post a Comment