Friday, August 12, 2022

~ Our Week ~

 






Hello! Here are some pictures from our week. We visited the pool this week, and went to a dear friend's house for dinner one night.  We also watched the old Parent Trap one day at lunch and the kids really enjoyed that.  





One morning Moses and I went outside while the big kids did their morning chores, it was so nice in the shade. 


Sweet Eleanor doing her after lunch chore...laundry!!!


This is our new kitty, Sherlock, the kids named him. :) He is so sweet and cuddly. 


Nice selfie Fi!! 


Moses was chopping some sweet peppers for Texas Caviar. :) 




This night we started listening to " A Girl of the Limberlost". I love this story and the kids watched the 1990 version movie while we had covid and enjoyed it. The movie was such a small part of the story I thought they might enjoy the book too. 



Sherlock loves to rest on our shoulders, even when we're standing or walking around.  He's on my husband and Boaz is petting him while we were saying our evening prayers. 

The weather is still hot but not as bad as it was, it is not triple digits and that is wonderful! I would like to visit the pool again before the week is over. It will close soon when the public school kids go back to school. 

The kids are all reading some great books for school, I should mention them in my next post.  I've been making these protein bars I used to make, they have nuts, dried fruit, coconut oil, oats, and topped with melted chocolate and then cooled. They are so good! I also made some baked spaghetti this week that the kids really enjoyed, I will have to make more it next time for leftovers. We start the Dormition fast next week so I've been trying to give them some yummy treats this week.  I'm so thankful I have been feeling better, I have enjoyed cooking and cleaning so much. It feels so wonderful to take care of our home and family the way I would like too. Thank God! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment