Monday, December 26, 2022

The Dead Don't Dance...

 Oooooh I loved this book so much! Charles Martin's style is so nice and easy to read, I don't know how he does it.  His characters are so relatable and lovely.  Dylan Styles, a country boy with a PhD is trying his hand at farming with his spunky wife Maggie.  While Maggie is giving birth to their first son there are complications and he is born stillborn, Maggie never even got to see him let alone hold him before she goes unconscious. The story is about how Dylan survives the months that Maggie was in a coma.  He ends up teaching English at the local community college part-time. And through a series of events and learning other people's stories and burdens he begins to believe that maybe God was with him through it all. 




1 comment:

  1. I will look for this one. I just finished reading The Dean's Watch by Elizabeth Goudge, also good about finding faith! And I got another book by her at the library.

    ReplyDelete