Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oriental Style Chuck Roast...

One of my favorite things to make for my family is a chuck roast in the crock pot. It is easy and they always enjoy it. This time I tried something a little different. I put the roast in there, dumped a can (with the juice) of pineapple chunks on top, piled some chopped onion on there, then I poured some soy sauce and honey over it all. I do not know the measurements. If you try this just do more than less, you do not want it to dry out. Cook on low for eight hours or until done. About an hour before it was to be served I put some sliced carrot over it all. I did not want them to be too mushy. I served all this over rice. We really enjoyed it. And then the next night, because there wasn't as much meat left I made fried rice with it. Basically the same thing, but the little variation was fun. :) Happy cooking for your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment