Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Baking in a Crock Pot

DSC_5883

DSC_5867

I got the idea to bake in my crock pot from here ---- I can not take the credit for this idea. I was really interested in trying it, but also really skeptical. I made a simple coffee cake recipe. I did not make the crumble topping I usually do because I did not want to waste more ingredients if it did not turn out. :) Another change, the recipe calls for 1 1/2 C. flour, I did one cup white and half a cup whole wheat. Well, after one hour and fifteen minutes on high in the crock pot we a had a really yummy and moist cinnamon coffee cake! I am excited about this, about not heating a big oven for a small something. You can see in the first pic that it is just a bread pan right in the crock pot, and your lid should still rest well on top even though the pot is removed. Try it, it is fun. :)

1 comment:

  1. My wife loves that website! How did you find it? I still can't figure out how she did. :-)

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete