Sunday, October 18, 2009

New Scone Recipe

Tonight after church I wanted to make a treat for my family. I was thinking oatmeal cookies but then thought...mmmm....scones sound good. My husband LOVES foods that go well with coffee/hot tea --- scones, shortbread cookies, biscottis, etc. If I want a new recipe I usually go to the Taste of Home website because they are not only good but practical (the kind of recipe you would have the ingredients for :). The scones turned out great! The recipe calls for 2 C. of flour, I did one cup white and one cup whole wheat. I also added cinnamon, you could probably add anything you wanted, chocolate chips, coconut, cranberries, etc. The main reason I chose this recipe over ALL the others is because it only called for 1/4 C. of butter. :) Scone recipes usually call for a lot of butter, so we were really happy that this one did not and was still very tasty. You can find the recipe here. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My friend Amber just gave me two biscotti recipes, and showed me how to make it. One was cranberry and the other double chocolate. mmm...


    ~katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke! I need new posts to read! Hadassah & I are both sick, and I have given myself permission to let certain things go around the house as I try to rest up. So when I get on the internet, I need something interesting to read! Not to guilt you into posting, of course, but I just wanted to let you know that I do enjoy being able to 'catch up' with you & your family through your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete